Terms & Conditions
Kansas City Diversity Coalition proudly presents Kansas City Market Days 2021, as an educational and entertainment event. Any reproduction, broadcast, or commercial use of any portion of the event, in whole or in part, in any form without explicit written consent of Kansas City Diversity Coalition is strictly prohibited.
Kansas City Diversity Coalition reserves the right to refuse anyone participation at these events and does not guarantee your success.
By signing and submitting the attached application, you (hereinafter referred to as “Non-Profit or Commercial Booth Vendor”) agree to comply with the following terms and conditions. Violations of these terms and conditions can be cause for removal from festival grounds without refund and can result in being expelled from future events.
1. HOURS OF OPERATION – Vendors must be staffed and open for operation and must remain staffed and open on Friday, September 3rd and Saturday, September 4th, from scheduled festival opening to ONE (1) hour prior to scheduled festival closing regardless of weather conditions.
2. SPACE RENTAL – All Vendors are required to pay a fee and associated deposit for event space as outlined in this Agreement.
3. INSTALLATION – Vendors may begin set up on Friday, September 3rd between the hours of 9am – 3 pm. No installation may take place at any other time unless approved, in advance, by Kansas City Diversity Coalition.
5. USE OF SPACE – Vendors MUST conform to prevailing applicable regulations of The City of Kansas City Fire Department.
6. LOAD OUT – You may begin to remove your items from the grounds one hour after the festival closes on Saturday, September 4th.
7. SIGNAGE – Vendors may only display their own business signs and banners within the assigned booth space.
8. TRASH –Vendor space must be free of trash, litter and other refuse at all times. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of consideration for participation in future festivals.
9. ELECTRICAL SERVICES – Vendor agrees to purchase electrical service, if necessary, from Kansas City Diversity Coalition. There will be no electricity, generators, trailers, vans or other such mechanical devices allowed unless approved by Kansas City Diversity Coalition and designated in writing as part of this Agreement. Please keep these restrictions in mind when applying and planning your operations. No other form of generator or electrical service other than that provided by Kansas City Diversity Coalition is permitted. An electricity application and fee schedule is included with this agreement and MUST be included with your completed application.
10. SITE INSPECTION –Vendor is responsible for leaving designated space as found. Failure to do so will result in, at the sole discretion of Kansas City Diversity Coalition additional charges to repair or correct the situation.
11. SECURITY – Vendors are responsible for the security of their own property and equipment at all times. While limited security personnel will be on duty, at all times during the weekend, no security personnel will be assigned specifically to Vendors. Neither Kansas City Diversity Coalition, nor any of its officers, staff members, nor The City of Kansas City shall be held responsible for loss, theft, or damage to any property of said Vendor.
12. LIABILITY –Vendor shall indemnify and hold Kansas City Diversity Coalition, it’s officers, staff, contractors, and volunteers harmless from any claim or cause of action arising out of or in connection with the acts or omissions of Vendor under this Agreement, and shall reimburse Kansas City Diversity Coalition for any costs, but not limited to, reasonable attorney’s fees incurred in defense against any such claim.
13. VIOLATIONS – Vendor acknowledges that a breach of any of the terms of this Agreement may result in the termination of this Agreement and the preclusion of the Vendor’s participation in the festival. In the event this Agreement is terminated because of any breach by Vendor and shall not be entitled to any refund but shall forfeit all amounts previously paid as liquidated damages.
14. AGREEMENT MODIFICATIONS – No prior or present Agreements or representations shall be binding upon any of the parties hereto unless incorporated in this Agreement. No modification or change in the Agreement shall be valid or binding upon the parties unless in writing, executed by the parties to be bound hereto.
15. PAYMENT – Payment is due IN FULL within 5 days of receipt of invoice, unless other terms are agreed upon between Vendor and the KCDC. If payment is NOT received within the 5 days, Vendor risks forfeiture of their event space reservation.
16. FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE – This Agreement shall be signed by the Vendor and returned to Kansas City Diversity Coalition on or before August 27th with payment. This Agreement shall become effective when payment is received by Kansas City Diversity Coalition.
17. CANCELLATION – Vendor understands in the event that Vendor cancels after August 27th or fails to provide the required items, the entire fee will be forfeited.
18. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION –Vendor agrees that, in the event this Agreement is terminated as a result of Vendor’s failure to provide any required documentation, Vendor shall not be entitled to any refund but shall forfeit all amounts previously paid as liquidated damages.
19. RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES – In the event of a dispute arising in any manner as a result of, or in any way related to, this Agreement, the parties hereto agree to submit to mediation and/or arbitration as a prerequisite to legal action. In the event arbitration or legal action is commenced, the prevailing party SHALL be awarded reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred as a result of said dispute.
20. SALES TAX –Vendors are responsible for paying necessary sales tax to the State of Missouri.
21. PROOF OF LIABILITY INSURANCE is encouraged and recommend amount is as follows:
a) Minimum limit of $1,000,000 per each occurrence, worker’s compensation insurance with statutory benefit as required by state and federal law; business auto liability with a minimum limit of $1,000,000 per accident. This is reflected under the Limits area of the form.
b) Vendor should also name as additional insured on their certificate. This is reflected under the Certificate Holder area of the form and MUST include the name and address, “Certificate Holders are hereby added as additional insured”:
a. The Kansas City Diversity Coalition
PO Box 32413
Kansas City, MO 64171
b. Event Pros, Inc.
6641 Wyoming St.
Kansas City, MO 641136